Pages

Thursday 10 September 2015

Leighton House Museum - Exhibition

The Craft of Drawing and Painting - Celebrating tradition today
1st September - 4th October

by Philip Rowling

by Philip Rowling


Last week I attended the launch of this new exhibition showcasing the work of the community of artists trained at Lavender Hill Studios.  Set in the beautiful home of Frederic Leighton (1830-1896) Leighton House Museum is well worth a visit in it’s own right as it was built and designed by Leighton to combine a working studio with space to live and entertain the Victoria London art world. 

View from the top of the staircase of Leighton's paintings 
by Philip Rowling


As a student of the studios I was very pleased to have a portrait drawing of my Mum accepted for the exhibition and to have it hung in such a wonderful place. 


With kind thanks to the event photographer Kevin Moran for letting me use this fab photo
www.kevinmoran.co.uk

Here is my model, my Mum, still looking good now she is in her 70's.
Thanks to all my family for coming along and continuing to support my artistic journey. 
Photo courtesy of Christine Vass.




As part of the exhibition the studios is also running workshops and events from life drawing in Leighton’s studio with Ann Witheridge to live portrait painting. Here are some links to find out more:

The Craft of Drawing and Painting Workshops and Events

Leighton House Museum

Leighton House Museum Facebook

Leighton House Collection

Lavender Hill Studios

Lavender Hill Studios Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment