Monday, 15 July 2013

Lavender Hill - Term 3, Week 10

All to soon another term has come to an end and how I struggled with this cast drawing.  I think because the features were on a diagonal and the top of the head was missing.  I kept bashing away at it trying to work out what was wrong.  After quite a long time one of the founders, Ann, came to my rescue. She first corrected the mass of the top lip then shortened the nose and lowered the eyebrows. Finally she lightened the background to make the hair area above the forehead wider.  Everything made a lot more sense after this.

 The cast

 
The setup


Me murdering my drawing!

Charcoal on brown packing paper.
All better with Ann's corrections.  The two sphere's were a demo by my 
teacher of compressed value ranges. Sadly I spent so long trying to get the 
drawing correct I never got to do this.


So with the little time left and my cast drawing corrected my teacher suggested we finish of on the life drawing side.  I was a bit relieved to at least get the general drawing and shadow shapes down quite quickly.  It was a nice end to another good term. What a shame they go so quickly.

Charcoal on brown packing paper